Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Another Introduction



Hi everyone! My name is Madeline Zimmermann and I’m one of the returning interns. I am a junior at Virginia Tech majoring in Animal and Poultry Sciences. I hope work in animal genetics and breeding. Having said that, you’re probably wondering why I’m interning with the Historical Society. Quite simply, I’m here for the history that's too often forgotten. The fact of the matter is there’s not much agriculture around here, which is fine except it means that not many people understand or appreciate the barns and what’s in and around them. I find that really sad. Once upon a time we relied on agriculture to keep us alive. We still do even though people often forget when it’s no longer prevalent in the immediate area. Last year I found some really beautiful pieces of equipment lying neglected in the barns and cleaned some of it up, but I’ll get to that later. For now, I’m just checking in to say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment