Thursday, July 18, 2013

Another Introduction

Hi, my name is Jasmine Alfonso. This is my second summer with the Somers Historical Society and I am a Junior at the University at Albany studying History and Psychology. Since being with SHS I have been working on a Civil War project, last summer researched and compiled a list of over 200 people from Somers and the surrounding towns who enlisted and fought in the Civil War. Currently I am working on compiling more information about each individual and ultimately we want to try and trace each Somers soldier to their living relatives and put markers on their grave to acknowledge the services they provided. This year I have also begun helping out at the museum as a docent, I am still learning but it's been really interesting learning more about the museum. 




No comments:

Post a Comment